The Snickers and Hollywood Adventure

Two friends; Snickers and Hollywood set out on an adventure to cook, create and post photos of every recipe in the 'Meals and Heels' cookbook. Join our adventure following our trials and tribulations as we conquer the challenges ahead... aka Profiteroles with salted caramel sauce. We've watched masterchef and the crouquembouche challenge, wish us luck, we are going to need it!

Friday 25 March 2011

Mini meatloaves with roasted tomato thyme sauce

So on Thursday night I finished work on time and thought...hmmmmmm I think I might cook something different for dinner. I had decided to take my copy of Meals in Heels in my car just in case I needed to get some ingredients, I already had beef mince out as I was planning to make an easy spagetti bolognese. So a quick stop at the supermarket on the way home saw me with pork mince and passata.
I decided to trial one of the mains, mini meatloaves with roasted tomato and thyme sauce.
I had just finished assembling the meatloaves and they had been in the oven for about five minutes when my husband got a message from his parents inviting us to meet them and his sister for dinner at a local pizzeria. Luckily this recipe makes 6 meatloaves so instead they came over for a casual family dinner. The only down side was that being the end of the week we were low on veges and had to get them to stop and get some broccoli (they also bought sweet potato fries which complemented this dish perfectly). So an experiment at home for my husband and I ended up being a delicious family meal... this dish was the perfect comfort food considering the cooler weather. A make again for a casual affair. Good with a light red wine - such as a Scarborough Pinot!
One main down Snickers!




X Hollywood

No comments:

Post a Comment