The Snickers and Hollywood Adventure

Two friends; Snickers and Hollywood set out on an adventure to cook, create and post photos of every recipe in the 'Meals and Heels' cookbook. Join our adventure following our trials and tribulations as we conquer the challenges ahead... aka Profiteroles with salted caramel sauce. We've watched masterchef and the crouquembouche challenge, wish us luck, we are going to need it!

Monday 28 March 2011

Chicken Marsala stew

prep time 20 mins / cooking time 40 mins/ serves 6

I am always looking for interesting mid week meals. I was able to come home from work at normal time, whip this up and we had eaten by 7:30pm..... now thats my kind of mid week meal. This is one I am definately going to have to give to my mum as I think this could be one of dads new favorites! Now I used just button mushrooms in this dish as I didnt have any portobello in the fridge (this is a mid week meal so doesn't need to be fancy!), I also ensured to use good quality free range chicken thighs.
Now this dish uses a wine called Marsala. It is produced in the city of Marsala in Sicily (Italy) and is a fortified wine similar to port.
It is definately the sauce that makes this dish! It is sweet and sticky and just oh so yummy!!
Now I am a little addicted to this wine at the moment but definately enjoy with another glass of Scarborough Pinot!!!!








Am now going to enjoy a cup of tea and a piece of peppermint brownie :)
Hollywood xoxo


1 comment:

  1. Hollywood looks great! I can't wait to try it out!!

    xx

    Snickers

    ReplyDelete