The Snickers and Hollywood Adventure

Two friends; Snickers and Hollywood set out on an adventure to cook, create and post photos of every recipe in the 'Meals and Heels' cookbook. Join our adventure following our trials and tribulations as we conquer the challenges ahead... aka Profiteroles with salted caramel sauce. We've watched masterchef and the crouquembouche challenge, wish us luck, we are going to need it!

Saturday 30 April 2011

Hollywoods Sunday Lunch Pumpkin Soup

So I was home alone today as I said before because hubby is off playing golf. So I decided to make myself some yummy pumpkin soup (perfect for the cooler weather).
So here's how I did it:

chopped up butternut pumpkin (can also use Kent Pumpkin)
put on baking tray lined with baking paper, sprinkled over olive oil, sea salt and fresh rosemary leaved.
Baked at 180 degrees until cooked and golden

Placed two chopped onions, 1 chopped clove of garlic in large saucepan and cooked until onion caramelised. Added baked pumpkin and vegetable stock and cooked over stove for approx 30 minutes.
Then used the kitchen whizz to blend and added a dash of milk, salt and pepper to taste.

x Hollywood







Now did I mention that the swans lost on Friday ..... I should have stayed home and watched the royal wedding live!!

No comments:

Post a Comment